Saturday, July 19, 2008

The View From the Porch

No, silly, not that porch. My porch, freshly painted.Not a bad spot to spend a few minutes solving the world's problems. Yesterday, though, I saw something there I haven't seen before. Notice anything odd?



I'm not sure what they are--maybe red-tailed hawks? There were three of them hopping around my front porch. I imagine they were hunting the local rabbits or maybe the big garter snake that lives under the porch. Not something I see every day!



4 comments:

Words Twice said...

That’s a beautiful bird. Broad-winged Hawk, maybe?

Anonymous said...

Looks kind of like a perigrine falcon, to me.

Anonymous said...

Some variety of hawk, I would guess, but not the red-tailed variety. Their tail would be close to the same color as your beard.

Jeff Pulice said...

wow. beautiful porch.