Monday, September 15, 2014

Cullen L. Cullen is a real person, not a pseudonym used to write Twilight fanfiction. (Probably.)

I know nothing about Cullen L. Cullen except that he's the Superintendent of the Venice, IL school district, he looks like a stock photo named nerdy_dad_001.jpg, and he's running for the Illinois House of Representatives as a Democrat (he was unopposed in the primary, natch.)

And that's pretty much all I needed to know. If I were being greedy, though, a FAQ section that included the question, "So . . . what's the deal with your names?" would have been ideal. In its absence, I feel justified in imagining that Enrico Fellatini, a mild-mannered school administrator, never expected to be swept off his feet by a YA urban fantasy novel, but the Twilight series was just too much for him, and before he knew it, it had somehow become clear to him that he had to change his name--in a very real, and legally binding sense--to reflect the fact that he is, at heart, not only a Cullen, but the Cullen. The very most Cullen that there could ever be. 

Cullen Cullen.
I have not altered this photo of Cullen L. Cullen (ThaMostCullen54@aol.com) in any way.
(But of course that email address is fake . . . as far as I know.)

2 comments:

Peter said...

Sorry for the OT comment, but are you aware that your old blog - The Armed Schoolteacher - has been hijacked by what looks like a South-East Asian spammer? He's calling it 'All About K-music'. It's all over my Blogger feed right now. If you can reclaim it and shut him down, that would be good.

Unknown said...

I had no idea . . . and I'm not sure there's anything I can do about it. I'll check with Blogger, but it's possible that I lost it at some point through inaction.

Thanks for the heads up.