I have to go to work in ten minutes. Just the highlights:
1. I had some adventures I'll tell you about later. Suffice it to say that you can't get a tow truck in St. Louis at 2:00 (or 3:00) a.m. 24/7 my broad white butt.
Anyway, I rolled into the driveway at 6:00 a.m. It is now 7:15; time to go to work. It's going to be an interesting day. I'm a little bleary because I spent all weekend shooting like a madman and then didn't sleep last night, but at least I'm looking professional in my Blackhawk kiss-ass polo and my rigger's belt (because who knows when that might come in handy?)
2. I have 421 pictures, including some videos, loading now. Probably be awhile before you see them.
3. Did you know there's a zombie simulator at Blackwater? Neither did I. It's awesome.
4. Guessing game: Can the TSA's Reveal Imaging CT-80 scanner detect a steel/aluminum pistol and one box of ammunition packed in an ordinary pistol case? Place your bets; I'll tell you this evening. I'll also tell you who had the biggest brass ones in the shoot house (hint: you probably don't know his name, and it is a "him.")
5. Others have written about the LDA pistol Para-USA provided for the weekend. I'm not going to get all analytical right now, because I'm out of time and my pregnant co-teacher is going to blind me with a plastic spoon if I'm late. I'll just say this: I'm selling one my guns and buying that one. If you know me, you know that's not something I do without thinking it over. More follows. . .
6. Big THANKS again to Dan at International Cartridge Company, Thanos and Kerby and Todd Jarrett at Para-USA, Agent 4325XP at Blackwater, and Travis and the guys at Crimson Trace. We kid that we like Dan the best because . . . well, he kept shoving free ammo in front of us like some weird Sicilian grandma . . . but all these people came together to give me the opportunity of a lifetime, and I mean that literally. I don't think I'll ever make it back to Blackwater, and there's no way I could have gone this time if I'd had to provide my own room and board, ammunition, tuition . . . it was just impossible until these people called me up one day and said "Would you like to go to Blackwater and shoot with Todd Jarrett?"
7. I hope the guy who turned this trip down isn't reading this. Seriously, dude, don't torture yourself. What's done is done.
35 minutes ago