Thursday, August 28, 2008

Blackwater Blog Weekend: What Hath Para Wrought?

OK, it's Meet the Staff night here at Overachiever Middle School, so I don't have a lot of time until parents stream in. Let me just get this off my chest.

Tonight was IPSC night. Everyone was nice enough to let me go first so I could make it back here, because when The Principal asks why you didn't show up to meet the parents, "I wasn't out of ammo" only makes things worse. I shot it with my SIG and my FOBUS paddle.

The SIG did what it always does; the front sight settled on steel, I pulled the trigger, the steel fell down. Unexciting, but gratifying in a deeply personal way. The FOBUS holster, however, had changed. It used to be a perfectly adequate holster. Nothing to write home about, sure, but it worked.

Now it feels almost dangerous. The amount of effort that goes into re-holstering with that thing never bothered me before; I thought that was the way holsters worked. Now it feels like I'm fumbling. With a loaded gun with no safety. I don't like it.

4 comments:

Scott said...

I've never used a Fobus, but I wear a Comp-Tac for my XD and have had no issues. Granted it's an IWB for carry, but when I gather the grapes to try competing, I'll opt for their OWB which is built the same.

Plus they have great customer service. And you get candy with your order. (giggle)

Bunnyman said...

I'm wearing a 226 in a Comp-Tac OWB Belt, and it's well worth the money.

+1 on the customer service. I didn't get candy, but I got extra-long screws and an allen wrench for the mag pouches...does that count?

Anonymous said...

酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
童裝批發
童裝批發
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領

fobus holsters said...

that's really a fantastic post ! ! added to my favourite blogs list..