Thursday, August 20, 2009

Larry Correia is Getting Old

When I began this blog, I started by slagging some people whose success made me jealous, in the hope that I might bring them down to my level, thus making myself feel like a Big Man. Now I've given this place a new name and a new look, so I figure it's time to pick a new target and let him have it.

You saw the title. Larry Correia is aging by the day . . . and today is his birthday. He's getting old. Death is creeping ever closer through tall grass, its tail twitching, nose to the ground . . . full of the scent of Correia blood.

You might think having a beautiful wife and delightful children and writing books that rescue the entire vampire genre from sparkly vegetarian irrelevance and sell like hotcakes would offer some solace, but trust me, it's just another day gone. Jealousy is an ugly thing. I'm glad I don't suffer with it; must be tough for people who do.

(All bullshit aside, Larry, happy birthday. Give 'em hell at the ITRC!)

1 comment:

Larry Correia said...

Thanks, Don.

I'm pretty sure the only thing I gave hell to was the ground surrounding the targets. I sure showed it who was boss! :)