Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Better Get That In Writing This Time

Oh, Mrs. Sarandon, you teasing little minx. If only I could take you at your word.

"If McCain gets in, it's going to be very, very dangerous," she says.

"It's a critical time, but I have faith in the American people. If they prove me wrong, I'll be checking out a move to Italy. Maybe Canada, I don't know. We're at an abyss."

No, seriously, lady, I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible: nobody cares where you live. Your fans don't care where you live. The rest of us don't care where you live. Nobody cares. If you want your fans to care, you should be threatening to stop doing movies or geopolitical analysis on CNN. If you want the rest of us to care . . . well, you provoked some blog posts, so that's something, right?

Reader Guessing Game! Who will be next celebrity to threaten to take his or her ball and go to France if John McCain is elected? You may name up to three. I like to play the long shots, so I'm going to say Tom Selleck, Bill Cosby and Don Knotts.

3 comments:

shooter said...

I'd really love for Sean Penn to get the frack out. He's down here in Houston shooting a movie. Actually working two floors down from my wife in her building. Her boss came in today and was kinda giddy. He says, "Hey, you know who's downstairs right now? I just ran into Sean Penn in the elevator." Her response was the same as mine, "Frack that retard!!!"

Don said...

That wasn't very nice. You should really consider a friendly letter of apology to Sean Penn. He's just trying to help people like you who don't have his incisive insight into geopolitics.

I actually don't get too wrapped up in what celebrities think, but I have a couple I really like. One is Joss Whedon, who created and co-wrote the Firefly series and Serenity. Whedon is the exact opposite of the lovable but hard-edged libertarians who crew Serenity in his show, but he's able to put that aside and write them as real people. Compare that to a guy like Aaron Sorkin, whose characters are all basically the same people--people who agree with him personally--but who is hailed as a genius because he can write snappy patter.

I'm not a big Brad Pitt fan, necessarily, though I think he's underrated, but I'll always remember the day he got it right. Some reporter asked him what should be done about some global issue, and he answered something like:
"I wear makeup and pretend to be other people for a living. Nobody cares what I think about politics!"

At least, that's the legend,a nd I've never had my bubble burst yet.

Anonymous said...

酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
童裝批發
童裝批發
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領