Saturday, June 21, 2008

What Have I Done to Deserve This Happiness?

So SAFR is rolling along, the twins are at my parents' house, it's Friday night and my wife is in the mood. Unfortunately, I'm on call from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m. Fortunately, we grill our steaks, and there are no calls. We go to bed early (hey, we're old married people) and still there are no calls. I drift off to sleep in the arms of my beautiful wife, still waiting for that pager to go off, but there are no calls. I sleep soundly the whole night through . . . you know the rest.

BeepBEEEEEEEEP BEEP
BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP

"Small-Town Ambulance, you are needed for a 911 call at Small-Town PD for a female complaining of back pain . . . be advised, she is combative and 10-56."

It's been such a perfect night, I figure I might as well look at the alarm clock . . . . SUCCESS!
6:16 a.m.
I have won life's lottery.