Saturday, October 11, 2008

"I Have Read About Him. He Is An Arab!"

Good thinking, folks.

Boo your candidate for calling the other guy a decent man, because people who get booed by their own supporters are perfectly positioned to come from behind in a crucial election. Awesome.
Boo your candidate for calling the other guy a decent man, because it's so crazy and unreasonable for a politician to show his opponent basic courtesy.
Boo your candidate if he won't go along as you call Obama "an Arab," because A) Being an Arab is such a terrible thing that you can just cite it as a reason not to elect somebody, and B) The fact that "Arab" is a defined ethnicity and Obama can't be considered any kind of arab by any known standard probably won't come up. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.




5 comments:

Xavier said...

Well put Don.

I was wanting to comment on this clip, but I didn't know just how to say it. You said it better than I.

Don said...

High praise! Wish I'd won it writing about something less stupid.

I was just reading your story about QJ's first time shooting. Inspirational stuff. I just wish I could do that here.

mike's spot said...

I agree completely- I just didn't post it as eloquently.

Jeff Pulice said...

Kudos as well. Whatever divides our political outlooks, ramping-up disrespect for an opponent is a no-win situation for all. It looks weak. Senator McCain is doing the right thing, and if his followers can't, well, follow him in this effort at civility, it's a shame.

Anonymous said...

酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
童裝批發
童裝批發
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領