Saturday, March 7, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

My Bride wants to go dancing tonight. Apparently, that implies that I have to go dancing, too. Personally, I sense a trap. When I wanted to sign up for dance lessons so we could go out and dance together on a regular basis and I could learn how to dance, she didn't want to do that. Too much money, too much time. Can't do it.

Then, a few months later, when she wanted to take some kind of aerobic dance exercise class (ZUMBA!) for the same price, I failed to connect the dots. I even stopped going to Thursday-night USPSA shoots so I could stay home with the kids, but I never stopped to wonder why dance lessons were OK as long as I'm not allowed to attend.

Then, yesterday, she told me we need to go out and have fun . . . . so she invited us to go dancing with her friends. Doesn't smell right, does it? If I see a camera, I'm out of there. In fact, I probably should have learned my lesson when she set up that game camera in the backyard. I just wanted to get a little practice in:



(Hat tip to 2gm from www.illinoisCarry.com , who sent me this just when I could use it most.)